Saint Leonard Community School admits students of any sex, race, color, religious denomination or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities accorded or made available to students of the school. We do not discriminate based on sex, race, color, religious denomination or ethnic origin in administration of our educational policies, admission policies, and other school-administered programs. Application for admission must be made through the office of the principal. The principal and/or designated school representative will determine if this parish school is the appropriate school program and environment for the student.
Requirements for Admission:
All candidates for admission to Saint Leonard Community School, including transfer students, will undergo a comprehensive screening process to ensure proper placement. The screening and interview will be scheduled with the school principal, resource specialist, and/or a designated school representative. Parents/Guardians must present previous school reports of conduct and progress from the last three years of all schools attended (if applicable).
Prior to acceptance, parents/guardians must also fully disclose all health needs and/or all learning or behavior assessments concerning the child. This information is to include, but not limited to, Individual Education Program (IEP w/in JCPS) documentation, an educational plan (Louisville Archdiocese), or any other information on accommodations for students with disabilities that may apply to student success. The school, in consultation with the student’s parents and other educational professionals, will decide if the school’s program will best meet an individual’s learning needs.
Upon acceptance, original copies of immunization, preventative health care examination forms, and state-issued birth certificate are required. Kentucky Eye and Dental Examination requirements must be satisfied by January 1 of the current year. Baptismal certificates are needed for Catholic students (for sacramental purposes).
Saint Leonard Community School, in partnership with parents, strives to educate the whole child as a responsible member of all creation. We base our school experience on five core values: Learning, Leadership, Enrichment, Community, and Faith. We as Catholic educators, are committed to excellence in both faith formation and academics. We look forward to working with you as partners in your child’s educational journey.
Mary E. Parola
Principal, St. Leonard Parish School
•Preschool: 3 years of age by August 1 of the current year
•Kindergarten: 5 years of age by August 1 of the current year
•1st Grade: 6 years of age by August 1 of the current year
Procedures for Admission:
1. Parents/legal guardians contact the school office to obtain information for the admissions process
2. Parents/legal guardians complete and submit registration forms and payment via the Sycamore Education Admissions Portalfound at the top of this page. Include required records, transcripts, or progress reports.
3. Principal reviews the student’s records provided by parents/guardians. If the student is transferring from a Catholic school within our diocese, the principal will speak with the principal of that school.
4. Principal meets with the child’s parents/legal guardians.
5. Admissions Committee interviews and screens the prospective student.
6. Based on screening results and interviews, the Admissions Committee determines if St. Leonard Parish School is the best fit for the child.
7. Principal sends a letter of acceptance or a waiting list notification from the school office. At the discretion of the Admissions Committee, a student may be accepted for a probationary period.
8. If admitted, the parents/legal guardians meet with the parish business manager to discuss financial arrangements for payment of tuition.
Financial Assistance/Scholarship Funding:
St. Leonard School offers several types of financial aid for which parents may apply. Assistance is provided by the
1. Archdiocese of Louisville and St. Leonard Parish
2. Catholic Education Foundation
3. School Choice
4. Ulmer Foundation
5. Lurline Jochum Charitable Trust
•All of these organizations utilize the FACTS management application, which is an online application.
•The Lurline Jochum Charitable Trust requires an additional paper application which must be completed and returned to the Parish Office.
Families applying for financial aid will need to complete the online application available at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid. There is a $25 application fee. Families are required to complete the online application and upload supporting documents (2016 tax forms, etc.) by March 15, 2017.
Families with existing FACTS tuition payment accounts will use their current FACTS account username and password to log in and complete the application.
Families new to the FACTS system will create an account. The St. Leonard school code number for FACTS is 15595.
The application for the Jochum scholarship can be obtained from the school or parish office, downloaded through Sycamore, or downloaded from the St. Leonard Community School website at http://stleonardlouisville-school.org/finacial.html.
Click HERE for more information from the Catholic Education Foundation.